La vie en rose: pink shades for pretty eyes | Funmi Fetto
A grown-up approach to pink. Plus, anti-blemish skincare for all ages, a new scented candle and how to get a winter glow
Years ago, if anyone had mentioned the words “pink eye” I would have immediately linked it to a case of conjunctivitis. But not now. In makeup terms, the pink eye is literally that – pink eyeshadow. Less intimidating than blues and greens, more exciting than your standard brown. Ah, but let’s not dismiss browns entirely. If a solid pink eye feels too infantile and fancy-dress for you, simply add a hint of bronze or brown to the top of your lid. The result is something infinitely more subtle.
1. NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation £28, narscosmetics.co.uk
2. MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Explosive Chemistry £17.50, maccosmetics.co.uk
3. Milk Kush Fibre Brow Gel £21, cultbeauty.co.uk
4. Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Mono Eyeshadow in Bronze £27, harrods.com
5. Pat McGrath Labs, Luxe Lip Balm £24, selfridges.com