Novichok 'found on bottle of water in Alexei Navalny's hotel room'
Development suggests Russian opposition leader poisoned in Tomsk, Siberia, and not at airport
Associates of Alexei Navalny have said traces of novichok were found on a bottle of mineral water in his hotel room in the Siberian city of Tomsk, suggesting he was poisoned while still in the city, and not, as previously suspected, from a cup of tea he drank at the airport.
Navalny fell ill on a flight from Tomsk to Moscow on 20 August. The plane made an emergency landing in Omsk, where he spent two days in a coma before being flown by a medical jet to Berlin. He remains in the Charité hospital in the German capital.Continue reading...